This established and successful specialist construction company seeks a Financial Controller to run and manage its finance team. You will provide support to the Board and Management Team and proactively contribute to the advancement of the Group’s overall business plan.
- Prepare year-end accounts and statutory consolidated accounts for all Group companies.
- Manage the relationship with the company auditors, and ensure a clean audit report
- Prepare and develop timely, concise and accurate quarterly and annual Management Accounts and provide detailed reports for management. Provide additional financial analysis and reports to other departments as needed, and work collaboratively and decisively by supporting the organisation in interpreting business information.
- Assume responsibility for the development of financial systems, Internal Control processes, measuring and managing the financial performance of the group
- Prepare and review business processes and procedures. Work with staff to educate, develop and maintain documentation and organisational understanding of finance procedures.
- Assist in the training and support of colleagues and staff at all levels, in financial matters and reporting, and provide support for operational decision making.
- Prepare and deliver quarterly and annual reports with commentary to meet the needs of the Board of Directors and prepare minutes for Board Meetings.
- Work with members of the management team to help prepare annual budgets, operational and business plans.
- Ensure that the finance team maximise team and individual performance against individual and organisational goals and objectives. Identify and take action to improve performance.
- Maintain day to day control of Group Cash resources while advising as well as controlling any surplus cash investments. Provide funding options/solutions for all development requirements.
- Provide full Company Secretary service, ensuring compliance with statutory requirements and best practice.
Ideally you will have come from a construction or allied business. This role is part of the management team and is expected to develop into the Finance Director’s position. For further information please forward your cv or contact us.