Head Of Finance
Our client, an importer and distributor of luxury goods, seeks a Head of Finance to work alongside the Finance Director & Management Board.
The Head of Finance will have control and responsibility for all financial aspects of the day-to-day running of the company including the timely and accurate delivery of the monthly management accounts board pack. Also included is the requirement to provide appropriate narrative and advice, measuring individual departmental performances and implementing recommendations based on these findings.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Support the Finance Director in the smooth running of the company’s accounting function.
- Form a close working relationship with the CEO, COO, other Senior Executives and Non Executives.
- Prepare the monthly management accounts and Board reporting pack; ensure timely, concise and insightful reporting to key business stakeholders and the Board.
- Work ‘hand in glove’ with the Finance Director to provide leadership to the Board's Finance and Accounting strategy, to optimise the company’s financial performance and strategic position.
- Contribute fully to the development of company strategy across all areas of the business, challenging assumptions and decision-making as appropriate and providing financial analysis and guidance on all activities, plans, targets and business drivers.
- Direct and develop Accounting staff, setting goals and objectives, ensuring that they are appropriately motivated and developed and so that they can successfully carry out their responsibilities.
- Develop and control the company’s annual operating budget to ensure that all financial targets are met and financial and statutory regulations complied with.
- Ensure that company financial systems are robust, compliant and support current activities and future growth.
- Develop and maintain all necessary systems, policies and procedures to ensure effective and efficient financial management within the company.
- Drive the financial planning of the company by analysing its performance and risks
There is a strong requirement to be commercially aware, proactive, solution driven, forward thinking, while providing support and advice on the best path of growth for the business.
This is a hands-on role that offers variety and It is expected that the successful candidate will progress to take on the Finance Director’s role, allowing them to take on more strategic role within the business.