Head of Finance
Our client, an entrepreneurial lead construction services business, seeks an experienced Finance Director to join them as part of their management team. Advising the Directors on all finance and strategic issues affecting the business. Managing a small team, there will be close interaction across operations, administration and with the Contract Managers.
Duties will include:
- Act as business partner and sounding board to the Directors on all financial matters
- Review all systems, processes and controls and implement changes where necessary
- Lead all financial operations of the business
- Management responsibility for the finance team with a Finance Manager as direct report
- Agreeing management reporting framework with the Directors.
- Prepare budgets and forecasts for the business and get them signed off by the Management team.
- Monitor financial performance of the business versus budget identifying areas of unsatisfactory performance and drive potential performance improvement initiatives.
- Proactive cash flow management ensuring all levers of the business cashflow including aged debtors and creditors are optimised.
- Present and analyse the monthly management information and KPIs
- Establish policies and procedures to ensure the integrity and accuracy of management reports
- Develop and maintain effective short- and long-term capital structures including financing requirements
- Create and implement the relevant financial controls, systems and processes, to ensure an effective financial controls environment.
- Identify and implement technology decisions impacting the finance team and wider operational staff
- Maintain relations with non-finance staff including Operations, Admin and Contract Managers around their financial responsibilities.
- Maintain relationships with banks
This is an excellent opportunity to join an organisation, who have seen strong growth which is forecasted to continue. The successful candidate will have a background in construction and is capable of working in a fast moving organisation who can offer a challenging role with great potential.