A fantastic opportunity for an experienced Payroll Manager to join a fast growing & profitable recruitment business. This role sits within a crucial part of the business meeting demands from Sales teams, Workers and Clients. Supervising a small team, the role reports to the Financial Controller.
The premiss of the role is to be responsible for the day-to-day running of the department from recording of bookings, receipt of time-sheets, invoicing customers up to the payment runs, as well as managing the payroll team.
Duties will include:
- Maintain payroll information by designing systems; directing the collection, calculation, and entering of data.
- Update payroll records by reviewing and approving changes in exemptions, deductions, job titles, department / division transfers, payment types, booking records, pay rates, charge rates, AWR etc.
- Pay workers by directing the production and issuance of payslips/ remittance advices and electronic transfers to bank accounts.
- Prepare reports including production of KPI's and Management Information.
- Balance the payroll accounts by resolving payroll discrepancies. Pro-actively work towards reducing errors and queries from both internal and external clients.
- Complete weekly and monthly reconciliations of nominal accounts, year-end procedures and analysis of information.
- Provide payroll information by ensuring that questions and requests are answered in an accurate and timely manner to internal staff and external candidates, customers and suppliers.
- To liaise with HMRC and other necessary agencies such as the contributions agency and ensure correct completeness of all statutory returns.
- Maintain employee confidence and protect payroll operations by keeping information confidential.
- Complete operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Ensure weekly, monthly and annual deadlines are met.
- Provide information requested by Internal and External auditors.
- Maintain payroll guidelines by writing and updating policies and procedures and ensure compliance with procedures to ensure statutory and contractual obligations are met.
- Comply with legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Payroll system improvements as necessary to ensure that the system is compliant with new legislation such as RTI and Auto Enrolment and achieves all the necessary reporting requirements as needed by the Financial Controller, Finance Director and Managing Director.
- Maintain payroll staff by recruiting and training employees.
- Maintain payroll staff job results by counselling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications.
This is an all encompassing role that is key to the sucessful operation of the business. If you are seeking a challenging position that has the opportunity to grow, plase submit your details.