Part Time Finance Manager
An opportunity has arisen to join a privately-owned Media Marking company based in Paddington. The Financial Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day accounting and financial reporting of the UK company and its wholly owned Canadian subsidiary, reporting directly to the CEO.
Duties will be varied and the successful candidate will need to be flexible and prepared to perform tasks at all levels.
The successful candidate will ideally be a Qualified Accountant
Although the office is based in Paddington, a certain level of flexibility will be provided to accommodate working from home.
Duties will include:
- Maintain accounting records on SageOne, including full reconciliations of all bank accounts
- Maintain a comprehensive set of paper/electronic records
- Raise and submit all sales invoices
- Monitor debtors position and report back to management
- Maintain the purchase ledger
- Act as POC for payroll provider and ensure that all staff are paid accurately and on time. Payments to HMRC
- Act as POC for pension provider, ensuring that accurate payments are made on a timely basis. Preparation and submission of monthly pension forms.
- Maintain Fixed Asset register and calculate depreciation
- Produce Monthly management accounts (Group accounts - consolidating results of the Canadian subsidiary)
- Prepare monthly Directors loan statement and manage repayment of loans
- Monthly variance cost analysis
- Assistance in preparation of budgets
- Prepare and submit quarterly VAT returns
- Prepare and submit quarterly EC Sales List
- Act as POC for Canadian CPA firm who will oversee GST and tax payments and reporting
- End of month balance sheet reconciliations
- Monthly accruals and prepayments
- Manage cashflows and preparing long-term cash flow forecasts
- Prepare year-end accounts and liaising with external accountants
- Provide external accountants with all information necessary for corporation tax payments
- Provide external accountants with all information for CEO’s personal tax computations. Managing payments.
- Small amount of ad hoc work to assist CEO with personal finances and cash management.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an organisation that can offer flexible working together with the ability to take ownership of the finances.