anon Published: 16/04/2013
This niche firm of Solicitors seeks an experienced Legal Cashier/Finance Manager to run and maintain the finance function on a day-to day basis.
- To support the operation of the firms accounting system
- To ensure that all banking is done daily as directed
- To ensure that all cheques are written on correct amounts
- To enter postings to the accounts system on a daily basis.
- To ensure that new matters are recorded correctly.
- To assist in the entering of bills.
- To execute Telegraphic Transfers.
- To ensure that all authorized invoices are dealt with in a timely manner.
- To ensure that all closed accounts are authorised and that nil balances are achieved before archiving
- To support the operation of the departments credit control system.
- To manage the Petty Cash procedure.
- To manage own work allocation, productivity and quality of work with minimum supervision.
- Self motivated and able to organise own work with minimum supervision.
- Copes effectively in demanding circumstances.
- Good time management, adopting a flexible approach to work.
- Demonstrates persistence and commitment to completing tasks and objectives.
- Delivers work output to the required standard.
- Pays attention to detail and quality of work.
- Demonstrates a commitment to improving working practices and supports company plans and policies.
- Flexibility to work extra hours when needed
Working with People
- Ability to build and maintain working relationships with others and is seen as 'approachable’.
- Must have a robust approach to relationships and a positive team spirit
- Willing to offer help to all colleagues to ensure company success.
Ideal Experience Required
- Knowledge of Solicitors' Accounts Rules
- Experience of using legal accounting software, bank electronic payment software and BACS
- payment software is essential
- Working knowledge of credit control.
- Working knowledge of computers and software with good keyboard skills.Experience of working in a legal environment would be advantageous
London, United Kingdom