Group Finance Director
This established engineering group based in Suffolk, seeks a commercial Group Finance Director. Working closely with the Chief Executive Officer, the Finance Director will lead a financial team delivering robust financial controls across the group and provide outstanding service to the CEO and Executive Board of the Group.
The role of FD will be to focus on and have the breadth of vision to maximise the true potential of the Group’s financial growth. The FD will show resilience, planning and adaptability whilst being able to thrive in a fluid, fast paced, entrepreneurial environment.
The FD will be an integral part of the Group Board and provide the financial and commercial management to enable the group to implement its strategic ambitions
- Input into the Group’s strategy and direction and to provide the financial planning to ensure group finances can support the execution of the strategy.
- To work closely with the Directors to develop the overall business strategy.
- Provide advice on taxation matters
- Assist in raising debt and equity to fund developments and provide working capital for the group
- Assist in corporate structuring
- Be responsible for the effective operation of all aspects of the finance and accounting function.
- Implement the required disciplines, processes and supervisory checks to ensure accurate and robust financial analysis.
- Setting, supervising and maintaining policy on all financial issues relating to the group in line with statutory and/or regulatory requirements.
- Continually review the Group’s commercial relationships with its finance providers, its clients and its suppliers.
- Assist the preparation of feasibility studies for proposed developments / acquisitions and provide guidance and advice on likely business return.
- Evaluation and financing of Acquisitions.
- Provide the board with clear and accurate financial reports on the financial health of the group.
- Ensuring timely, accurate and meaningful interpretation of financial data is available for the Board.
- Supporting the CEO in financial and developmental matters.
- Provide support to the CEO enabling him to make informed decisions on all group issues.
- Be an active member of the Senior Management Team contributing to the corporate development and reporting on the financial performance of the Group.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of all appropriate Company and tax laws relating to the Group.
- Staff the Group’s Finance Team efficiently and maximise its performance through proper work planning; allocation; monitoring and follow-up.
- Take responsibility for the entire finance function and manage the finance department functions including: Financial Control, Management Accounts, Credit Control; Payroll and associated employees.
- Produce, control and monitor detail budgets and forecasts and provide future vision of potential financial issues that may affect the performance of the business.
- Ensure budgets are planned, delivered and performance measured for the requirement of the Board.
- Monitor corporate office expenditure and review against budgets.
- Management and revision of the central overheads budget.
- Perform Treasury functions with respect to banking arrangements, loans, hedging agreements and surplus cash.
- Raise external finance when required, both debt and equity and of managing a business with external share holders.
- Work with providers of cash flow lending
- Accountable for the production of management accounts and cash flow / working capital reports
- Ensure all financial and board reporting deadlines are met.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the group’s bankers, financiers, auditors, advisors and shareholders ensuring that at all times this community is fully informed of the financial status of the group.
- Ensure that internal audits take place in the operating companies at the agreed frequencies and to review the audit reports and implement action to address any non-compliance issues identified.
- Manage the audit and audit reporting process.
This an excellent opportunity to join an established group as part of the management team and focus on developing the finance function to support the business.