This entrepreneurial lead specialist engineer group seeks a Financial Controller to support the Managing Director, be part of the management team and take full responsibility for the finance function.
Duties will include
- Work closely with Managing Director and other members of the Management team to optimise company performance to agreed objectives and goals.
- Manage, develop and maintain a suitably resourced, experienced and capable team to facilitate the successful operation of the Accounts department.
- Constantly review systems, processes and controls for potential improvements
- Prepare monthly balance sheet and profit and loss and provide Managing Director with a monthly variance report.
- Work closely with the sales/operations/buying team, providing input for estimates and costings
- Prepare statutory reports as required and liaise with auditors/accountants, including statutory accounts, corporation tax return
- Quarterly VAT returns as well as lead the relationships with HMRC/Companies House
- Payroll, weekly & monthly together with month and year end returns
- Manage year-end audit process including year-end stocktakes.
- Perform regular stock valuation and analysis.
- Carry out regular business review of sales, orders, backlog, margin and trends. Manage overhead cost control process.
- Ensure general ledger accounts are reconciled and related costs and allocations are maintained and monitored.
- Credit Control
- Prepare profit forecasts and annual budget and provide Managing Director with variance and trend analysis.
- Support the MD with the review of potential acquisitions
- Act as Company Secretary and pension scheme trustee.
- Oversee IT, Admin and HR, liaise with outsourced suppliers
Keys skills will include:
- Strong systems including SAGE & Excel
- Highly organized and able to plan and multi-task
- Adapts quickly to changes
- Self-motivated and outgoing
- Good communication skills
- Good team player
This is an excellent opportunity to join an ambitious group that is looking to expand by acquisition and can offer a varied and challenging role.