This international Manufacturer and distribution company seeks a Financial Controller to join their management team and take full responsibility for the finance function. Reporting to the Directors duties will include:
- Work closely with Managing Director and other members of the Management team to optimise Company performance to agreed Company objectives and goals.
- Maximise use of Microsoft Dynamics NAV (Navision) software for accounts information.
- Manage Accounts Manager and small team
- Ensure adherence of department to legal, financial and Company procedures.
- Act as Company Secretary and pension scheme trustee.
- HR management responsibility for the company
- Manage, develop and maintain a suitably resourced, experienced and capable team to facilitate the successful operation of the Accounts department.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet and profit and loss and provide Managing Director with a monthly variance report.
- Prepare reports as required for Group Management and provide analysis
- Prepare statutory reports as required and liaise with relevant auditors/accountants, including statutory accounts, corporation tax return, Irish branch accounts.
- Manage UK and Irish payroll and liaise with relevant agencies and authorities.
- Manage year-end audit process including year-end stocktakes.
- Perform monthly stock valuation and analysis.
- Carry out regular business review of sales, orders, backlog, margin and trends. Manage overhead cost control process.
- Ensure general ledger accounts are reconciled and related costs and allocations are maintained and monitored.
- Prepare profit forecasts and annual budget and provide Managing Director with variance and trend analysis.
As a senior member of the management team, you will represent the MD when they are not available and act a decision maker for operation managers on finance issues. This is a varied and challenging role in an organisation that can offer stability. For further information please forward an up to date cv.