This established multi-sited business based in Essex, seeks a Financial Controller to run and direct its finance function on a day to day basis. Reporting to the Finance Director, there is a significant focus on data analysis together with ensuring that the accounts department operates smoothly.
- Management Accounts - preparing daily/weekly reports on each site
- Extensive analysis of data using Excel
- Preparing budgets & forecasts- together with variance analysis
- Importing data from in-house sales system and updating SAGE
- Building up an understanding of the Group’s back office systems
- Accounting for inter-company transactions
- Preparation of Year end accounting files and full liaison with the Group Auditors
- Managing, motivating, and directing a small team
- Preparation of all Quarterly HMRC returns
- Extensive liaison with operational managers and external professional suppliers and advisors
- Overseeing payroll processing
- Liaising with the property manager with regards to property costs
You will ideally have a multi sited/retail background. An understanding and interest in sport is preferred but not essential. This position offers variety and is seen as a key role in providing the Directors with regular management information. Strong IT and Excel skills are important as is a high level of attention to detail together with the ability to manage and prioritise your work load. The successful candidate will progress into the Finance Director position.