FINANCIAL CONTROLLER – Commodity Trading Co
This Commodity Trading business seeks a Qualified Financial Controller to manage all aspects of financial management, treasury management, forex and the production of high-quality management information. This is a key position in developing and maintaining internal controls with a focus on regular reconciliations of core trading systems and accounts.
Duties will include:
- To manage all aspects of the accounting function, finances and cashflow.
- Production of monthly management accounts
- Regular monthly reconciliation of the trading system to the accounting system
- Production of monthly FX currency reconciliation report for non-Sterling currencies.
- Reconciliation of key control accounts, including aged debtors, creditors and stock
- Responsible for ensuring all bank transactions are processed, recorded accurately and promptly.
- Prompt month-end closing in line with month-end timetable
- Ability to improve and manage the accounting control environment
- Preparation of annual year-end accounts for submission to auditors, including all supporting schedules.
- Liaison and assistance to auditors at year-end as required.
This is an outstanding opportunity to join a successful organisation and be instrumental in facilitating their growth plans. You will have strong IT and accounting skills and ideally have previously worked in a commodity trading/ multi-currency environment.