This group of companies based in the Docklands seeks a qualified Accountant to effectively provide accounting, payroll, taxation, and administration support to the Finance Director and shareholders.
- Ensuring that all transactions are posted to Sage Line 50 accurately and promptly, including the preparation and posting of accruals, prepayments, journal adjustments
- Maintenance of supporting control accounts and summaries
- Reconciliation of multiple bank accounts
- Processing supplier payments and import into NatWest Bankline for authorisation by the Finance Director
- Full responsibility of Sage accounting system up to trial balance
- Assisting the Finance Director in preparing quarterly management accounts and year end financial statements.
- Credit control
- Supervision of all financial roles undertaken by administration staff.
Other Accounting Tasks
- Preparation of quarterly accounts of pension schemes.
- Various tasks to assist the Directors’ of the business in any of their other interests, including invoicing, making payments and preparing accounts.
- Assisting the Finance Director to prepare quarterly budgets and rolling forecasts.
- Obtaining quotes from suppliers (including contracts) ensuring that the best value is achieved without compromising overall quality.
- Summary of source information onto Excel prior to invoicing by the Finance Director.
- The accurate preparation of a monthly payroll summary (circ’ of 100 employees), to be provided to an external payroll bureau from the source documentation supplied by administrative staff
- Dealing with all aspects of statutory requirements e.g. SMP SSP AOE
- The review of manually prepared summaries
- Upkeep of the annual leave summary to ensure that both salaried and variably paid hourly staff, do not exceed their entitlement year/period of employment
- Monitor personnel annual leave requests of administration, maintenance and managerial staff, ensuring requests are approved, do not exceed limits and are filed accordingly
- Check and resolve payroll queries
Petty Cash & Bank Records
- To check that all payments made are wholly and exclusively for the purpose of the business; monitoring all expenditure and liaising with the homes manager, Finance Director and or Operational Director
- To ensure all backing documentation is retained for each homes bank/petty cash and ensuring that transactions have been correctly summarised (assisting homes with preparation of this may be required)
- At least 3-4 years experience, working within an accounting function. Preferably from a practice background (but not essential).
- Qualified Accountant, i.e. ACCA, ACA or CIMA
- Sage Line 50 experience essential
- An excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel (ability to use lookup & if formulas), and a good working knowledge of Word and Outlook are essential.
- Strong understanding of fundamental accounting concepts, with the ability to improve systems and controls.
- Competent to apply sound professional guidance where required
- Experience of preparing budgets and Sage Forecasting desirable
- An organised and methodical approach with attention to detail
- Able to work on own initiative and competently manage tasks
- Can cope under pressure and able to meet deadlines
- Uphold confidentiality and Safeguarding issues
- Ability to work effectively within a constantly changing and busy environment
This is an excellent opportunity to join a busy organisation that can offer variety, security and the opportunity to progress your career.