This fast growing specialist retail and wholesale business seeks a hands on Finance Manager to join their busy, fast moving team. Reporting to the Finance Director, you will take responsibility for the smooth operation of the finance function.
- Assistance with the daily operations of the accounting department
- Establishing and enforcing proper accounting methods, polices and principles
- Ensure all postings into the financial system are accurate (recognition of sales, purchase ledger, stock, other profit and loss and balance sheet accounts)
- Developing, maintaining and documenting all necessary financial policies and procedures
- Assisting Finance Director with improving and implementing new financial processes and systems
- Work closely with the merchandising team to ensure stock accounts are accurate
- Monitoring and analysing accounting data
- Production of monthly management accounts and KPI documents for review by the Finance Director in line with month end timelines
- Assistance with year-end audit work and liaising with our external auditors
The successful candidate will have a demonstrable finance background with excellent SAGE and Excel skills. This is a key role within the organisation that is varied and challenging and can offer excellent security and prospects.