This established construction firm based in East London seeks an experience Finance Manger to take control and manage its finances on a day to day basis together with improving processes systems and controls. Reporting to the Directors, duties will include:
- Manage the finance function. Supervising & assisting the accounts assistant.
- Construction Industry Scheme - CIS knowledge essential
- Verifying sub-contractors tax status with HMRC
- Prepare monthly management accounts.
- Bookkeeping - Entering all day to day accounting activity in Sage.
- Daily bank reconciliation of the company’s three bank accounts.
- Calculating and producing VAT returns & other statutory requirements for HMRC.
- Cashflow – Liaise with Directors regarding the incomings and outgoings within the company account
- Payroll – Produce the monthly payroll/Pension reports & completing PAYE returns/P45’s/P60’s etc
- Sales Ledger – Dealing with contract managers, operation manager and director to prepare sales invoices. To keep on top of credit control
- Purchase Ledger – Reconciling monthly statements and paying suppliers making sure that suppliers are paid within the payment terms
- Managing and paying expenses
The role requires excellent attention to detail together with the ability to manage and prioritise your work load. This is an ideal opportunity to join a highly successful business that can offer security and progression.