This leading property investment group seeks a high calibre Finance Director to lead its property finance function, reporting to the Managing Director and Group Finance Director. The role will provide strategic direction and leadership for all aspects of the company’s property finances, maximising operational efficiency to support the on-going development and growth of the company.
- Ensuring that accurate and meaningful financial data is available for the Board together with appropriate interpretation.
- Ensure that all internal and external finance systems and procedures are designed for optimum functionality, and together with the Group Finance Director ensure the implementation of agreed changes. Specifically taking responsibility for the implementation of a new property based software system.
- Constantly refining and improving finance systems, process and controls
- Review and agree detailed budgets and forecasts used in reporting to the property department and provide future vision of potential financial issues that may affect the performance of the businesses.
- Review/Amend /Revise the management accounts and cash flow / working capital reports before issue from central accounts for the property companies.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the group’s bankers, financiers, auditors, advisors.
- Review and agree the timely completion of annual financial statements, arranging and co-ordinating audits where required
- Work closely with the investment, surveying, and property management teams to give guidance on budgets, financial forecasting and expenditure
- Give due diligence and strategic advice to Directors from an accounting perspective on future and current projects
- Oversee the insurance process for the property group
- Carry out commercial review of leases
- Review service charges of multi-let buildings
- Oversee credit control process of service charges rents. Insurance and miscellaneous charges.
Personal skills & Attributes
- Commercial Acumen
- Structured thinker with strong capability in attention to detail, meeting deadlines, analytical and questioning skills.
- Strategic planning and action planning
- Flexibility and ability to respond quickly and adequately to new sets of priorities
- Excellent communication, inter-personal and stakeholder management skills suited to senior level representation.
- Demonstrable leadership and management skills and effective communication for strong team work.
- Strong performance drive and demonstrable ability to ‘make things happen’.
- Mature judgement, professional credibility and strong business insight.
- Ability to develop new outlook and perspectives for the company
- Ability to add value to senior management team strategic thinking and debate.
As a member of the senior management team you will play a leading role in all areas of financial and business decision making together with contributing to the overall strategic development, accountable decision-making and leadership of the company.
For further information please forward your cv together with a suitable covering note.