This established construction company based in Barking, Essex seeks a Finance Director to take control of its finance and administration function. Reporting to the board and managing a small team, duties will include:
- Prepare year-end accounts and statutory consolidated accounts for all Group companies.
- Prepare and develop timely Management Accounts together with additional financial analysis.
- Select and manage the accounting, payroll and other accounting systems. Assume responsibility for the development of systems, process and controls.
- Assist in the training and support of colleagues and staff at all levels, in financial matters and reporting, and provide support for operational decision making.
- Prepare and deliver quarterly and annual reports with commentary to meet the needs of the Board of Directors and prepare minutes for Board Meetings.
- Work with members of the management team to help prepare annual budgets, operational and business plans.
- Ensure that the finance team maximise team and individual performance against individual and organisational goals and objectives. Identify and take action to improve performance.
- Maintain day to day control of group cash resources and controlling any surplus cash investments. Provide funding options/solutions for all development requirements.
- Manage the relationship with the company auditors and legal advisor.
- With the MD and Commercial Director, take responsibility for all aspects of IT Service delivery, hardware and software. Oversee HR and administration, together with providing a full company secretarial service.
- Work with the company’s insurance brokers, to secure optimal risk management, ensuring accurate and timely insurance records for all services. Prepare information required for renewal of policies.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an organisation that can offer a varied and challenging role as part of their management team.