Part Qualified Assistant Accountant – Ref:2168
Experienced accounts assistant. Member of the Association of Accounting Technicians and currently studying towards the ACCA.
Well rounded practical accountancy skills developed from working in numerous roles.
Part of a small finance team within a world-recognised brand in image licensing, operating in 4 countries with group turnover of £7m. Responsible for bank and trade debtors primarily, ensuring accurate postings of multi-currency transactions as well as managing the reduction of overdue trade debtors and improving the debt collection process. I also act as the sole accountant for an affiliated company, responsible for posting all transactions, reviewing the sales and cost of sales postings for errors and producing management accounts within 5 working days of the month end.
- Reporting directly to directors, providing management information using tables and graphs to aid understanding.
- Bank transactions posted and reconciled on a daily basis for GBP, USD and EUR accounts.
- Ensuring accuracy of bank receipts with reference to remittance advices. This is especially important as I have to correctly account for foreign currency remittances, multiple bank charges, as well as maintain accurate records relating to withholding tax reclaims.
- Was tasked with overseeing improvements to trade debtors’ collections and successfully reduced 120 days+ debtors from 40% of total debtors to below the target level of 15% and reduced overall trade debtors to the lowest they had been in 5 years.
- Calculating and posting month end journals for depreciation, accruals & prepayments, and credit card purchases.
- Monthly reconciliation of sales to cost of sales to ensure no errors were made by the automatic posting of cost of sales where foreign currency invoices and credit notes could cause issues.
- Posting payroll journals and reconciling the intercompany account to ensure all other entries have been posted in both entities.
- Replaced the standard reports generated from the SAP B1 accounting software with graphs and tables of KPIs to show clear performance measures in the monthly management accounts, reported each month within 5 days of the month end.
- Experienced user of SAP Business One, SAGE 100 and MS Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Excel skills include production and formatting of numerous graphs and charts. Recently I have been using Pivot Tables and more complicated formulae.
If you require further information on this candidate including their salary details please call us on 020 8532 2644 or email email@example.com