Financial Controller – Ref: 9812
A highly motivated and committed Chartered Accountant, with experience of leading projects, including system implementations. I am organised and focused on improving existing processes, combined with the ability to deliver quality work under pressure and at short notice. I have excellent communication and presentation skills plus a drive to succeed either as an individual or as part of a team.
Currently working for a manufacturing company.
- Manage the UK finance function responsible for financial reporting, management reporting, budgets, cash flow, internal control, credit control and tax compliance.
- Manage a team of 4 direct reports.
- Responsibility for all aspects of Taxation including P11ds, VAT and Corporation Tax.
- Main liaison with Group Internal Audit department to ensure compliance on all required internal controls.
- Responsible for the recruitment & induction of new team members, plus regular appraisals.
- Manage the preparation of the Annual Budget for Group Head Office.
- Monitor performance against the Budget and investigate deviations.
- Overall responsibility for the preparation and submission of monthly management accounts with 5 working days of the month end.
- Provide a commentary for Group Head Office to support the monthly accounts.
- Present the financial report to the Senior Management Team on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for preparation of Quarterly consolidation report and commentary using Group’s own solution.
- Calculate both doubtful debt and stock provisions on a yearly basis.
- Main point of contact for Company Audit.
- Negotiate and evaluate purchase of Company Vans in line with budget.
- Calculate any potential rebate to Dealer’s in line with Company guidelines.
- Collaboration with the Product Marketing Managers on the pricing of new products.
- Responsible for initial financial assessment of potential new Dealers’ for Sales Team.
- Liaison with Sales Team regarding financial aspects of the Dealer Network.
- Editor of the Company Intranet and responsible for the layout and content.
- Responsible for the Company WEEE data submissions and National statistics.
- Prepared & ensured the audited statutory accounts were signed and arrive at Head Office within a month and a half of the year end.
- Designed and implemented a centralised & formal purchase order process.
- Managed the smooth changeover of Banking arrangements from Barclays to Lloyds.
- Designed and implemented an electronic expense form which saved time & money.
Motivated team members to learn each other’s roles in order to efficiently cover for holidays and potential sickness periods.
If you require further information on this candidate including their salary details please call us on 020 8532 2644 or email email@example.com