Financial Controller – Ref 9252
A highly experienced, FCCA qualified, Financial Controller with a proven track record of success in the provision of business and financial support in a wide range of international commercial environments. Able to provide strategic positioning and general financial management control to build consistently improved business performances.
Acknowledged for strong leadership and audit skills, strategic planning and business development experience. Results orientated and quality focused, with excellent relationship management skills.
Experienced in financial management control, systems development, communication at all levels, commercial management, financial management / control, auditing, legislation, cash-flow forecasts, budget management and control, regulatory compliance, corporate turnaround / restructure.
Financial Controller: Manufacturer/Retailer/Wholesaler
- Responsible for business planning, forecasting, budgeting, sales ledgers
- Utilizing SAP ERP System and Sage Payroll to forecast and manage cash flow
- Managed all year end financial accounting and all relevant legislative VAT and PAYE returns
- Supervised all HR functions to include payroll and the updating of personnel files
- Managed all foreign exchange issues for this Italian based company
- Supervised a team of four direct report and working with the managing Accountants in France and Scandinavia to consolidate the financial statement.
- Managed intercompany reconciliations for Stock transfer between stores.
- Working with external and internal auditors to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures , yearend audit requirements and Corporation Tax
- Currently working with SAP ERP System
- Experienced in the production of monthly and annual statutory reports & accounts
- Skilled in creation, development and re-engineering of financial systems and processes
- Preparing and monitoring of the annual budgets and all cash flow forecasts
- Skilled in disseminating financial reports and data for non-financial management
- Full month end preparation from cash / sales / purchase ledger books to trial balance
- Month end income statement and balance sheet with full prepayments /accruals
- Responsible for key interface between stakeholders, employer and customer organisations
- Produced month end management pack with full commentary to board level
- Prepared month end 12 month rolling forecast and upload to Senior Management teams
- Preparation profit and loss reserves and analysis, annual budget, analysis and reports
- Drafting annual statutory financial statements, cash flow preparation and related analysis
- Team Management, mentoring and working with staff to improve processes and efficiency
- Completion of full audit checklist and dealing with internal and external auditors
- Improved audit procedures and operation acknowledged by external auditors for clarity in report production, reducing time taken to complete year end closing / calculations
- Improved systems, processes and controls
- Reduced both audit and accountancy fees per annum
- Introduced a more rigid pay structure and payroll processes resulting in improve efficiency and productivity.
- Improved Trade receivable and accounts payable functions resulting in improve accuracy and efficiency.
- Make savings through pro-active hedging of FX risk and limiting exposure on the FX market
Looking for a new opportunity to work closely with the business and help develop a finance function.
If you require further information on this candidate including their salary details please call us on 020 8532 2644 or email firstname.lastname@example.org