Finance Manager – Ref: 4487
Solely responsible for the accounts function of two companies including,
- Introduced invoice finance facility and negotiated the best deal to help with cash flow.
- Integrated models for divisional budgeting, profit projections and cash flow
- Saved annually by reducing fixed spending 10% and variable overhead spending 20% through a variety of cost-improvement initiatives through better utilization of resources.
- Analysed and prepared excel presentation to improve the accuracy of Sales forecasts.
- Established good working relationships with customers/clients in financial & construction industry.
- De-merger process to help each of the segments operate more smoothly.
- Automated online timesheet and invoicing process to reduce admin duties.
- Automated the management accounting function by using SAGE Software.
- Ensured that 30 days credit policy by addressing credit limits, credit terms & documents.
- Introduced electronic Banking system by using HSBC net to run BACS, CHAPS service.
Overseeing the accounting function for the company with key responsibilities as follows:
- Producing quarterly management accounts – profit and loss, Balance sheet. Analysing financial data and preparing financial reporting pack for directors and proposing recommendations.
- Preparation of quarterly accruals & prepayments
- Overseeing preparation and processing of weekly payroll over 150 contractors and monthly payroll for office staffs.
- Analysing sales figures and creating forecasts for the year. Maintain Profit Forecast – current and future year costs, revenues and cash flows
- General bookkeeping- Checking and reconciling bank statements, Accounts payable/ receivable and credit control.
- Supervising team of 4.
- Processing & reconciling all third parties’ payments, e.g. HMRC, Suppliers.
- Producing year end along with director’s personal tax return, dividend payment and company P11D’s, P60’s, P34s, P14s & P45s for PAYE & CIS return.
- Producing Quarterly VAT return – Reconciling and submitting online
- Preparing commissions for sales team and credit card/cash expenses
- Filling annual return to companies house
Liaising with the company’s external auditors
If you require further information on this candidate including their salary details please call us on 020 8532 2644 or email email@example.com