07 Nov 2013
We’ve had some excellent feedback from our recent blog giving you advice on body language during your interview. So, we thought we’d follow this up with these hilarious job interview tips by a super-funny man named Michael Spicer, which he originally posted on his own blog and we shared from www.accountingbites.com.
- Bring a box to the interview, point at it and say “I do all my thinking outside of that.” Then open some champagne.
- When asked if you want anything to drink, say “Just a glass of job please!” Then laugh for 15 minutes. No less.
- When shown to the interview room, walk further up the corridor & say “I always go the extra mile!” Then click your heels.
- Show you give 110% by pouring 10% too much water into your glass. Smile knowingly.
- Wear a sock puppet on one hand, make it whisper in your ear and say “What’s that, Mr Wuzzles? I seem ideal for the job?”
- Loosen your tie as you enter & say “Phew! Is it me or did it get 100% more dynamic in here?” Then reverse high five them.
- Tell them you won’t need a lunch hour because you’re powered by results. Then make a powerboat noise for about 8 minutes.
- Dress as an American footballer to show you’re a team player. And have ‘Sustained Growth’ written on your football.
- Show you’re a fast learner by wearing an L plate round your neck & a Usain Bolt face-mask. Don’t speak. They’ll get it.
- When asked if YOU have a question, reply “Where do you see YOURSELF in 5 years’ time, nosey?” Laugh. Pass around some mints.
- When asked where you see yourself in 5 years, say “owner of a B&B for cats” and tap your nose like you know the market.
- Give your interviewer a hollow pork pie. Then lean back and say “That’s your company – I’m your pork.”
- Get a friend to call you during the interview and say “I can’t talk now, I’m on a date. With destiny!” then wink at them.
- Guarantee a second interview by wearing clown shoes at the first interview and not mentioning it until the second interview.
- Know the interviewer’s name and use it during the interview. If you’re not sure what it is, call them “Jobsy” or “Jobbo”.
- Tattoo your limitations down one arm. Interviewers admire honesty.
- As you walk to the interview room with the interviewer, try to make small talk such as “You look like my real father.”
Brilliant – advice, although not for when you’re at an interview arranged by Financial Staffing Solutions…
We do love this, but for some real advice on performing a knockout interview, call us on 020 8532 2644.